PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 03:47
Bambe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applied for this Thomson sponsorship but had to take the assesment on may 6th (I was in Calgary...so !!!). Anyway, I really think it's a great company with real opportunities but wonder why they call this sponsorship if they give no guaranties and tell you during the interview " This is not a job offer..."

It seems much more secured with Netjets/OAT as they offer everyone a position as long as they complete OAT training and maintain the required level. I can't believe that once you pass Thomsonfly assesment then FTE integrated training you can be unemployed...I don't call this a sponsorship.

We are simply asked to take all the risk. Some of you are going to answer that it's better than nothing..Right BUT, if i had to pay for a self sponsorship training I'd NEVER spend over 60 000 pounds when you can be trained for half of this and find a position in a good airline.
Get up guys, we have some good years coming, european civil aviation industry is better than ever since september 11th and in the next few months many airlines are missing pilots.. OAT, FTE, CABAIR...are surely excellent FTO (maybe the best) but I don't believe that to be a pilot in a good airline you HAVE to enroll in one of those.
This is my point of vue, I wish good luck to all the thomson sponsorship's selected.

Good flights