PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Property v Flight Training (Calculated Risk?)
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:15
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys! They all make sense and I guess from Alex's experience in getting the CPL/IR when he was 35 means I won’t be too old.

The apartment is from a friend so it'll be the right price. I already have a ball park figure that I am happy to pay for this 2 x double bedroom (1 with en-suite), bathroom, big living area and complete with a view. Its 4 years old and the prices have been rising very well due to being a catchments area (
ChurchVillage) and only being 20 minutes from the city centre where house prices are crazy as Right Touch commented.

Flying Touareg - That is/was the plan. Pay my money for the training that will get me the RHS and over time the house will come and it'll be a nice house at that. It's just a big 'IF' I get that job - otherwise I'll be struggling to get on the property ladder at 30

My back up career is a good one so if all else fails it's not like I am going to be in financial trouble in all honesty. .Net programmers
UK average earnings are between 35k and 45k but I think I have another 2 years before I hit £35k-£40k due to needing more experience on the job.

Right Touch I think I'll take advice from you plan there. I may go 100% or 95% mortgage and the money I had for the PPL/Night/MEP/Hour building can go on PPL/Night/IMC for now and I can build my hours from CWL.

The 1,500hrs were from instructing and not hour building by the way (APP Multi at EFT - http://www.flyeft.com/library/ME-APP.pdf)

Thanks for the advise guys.