PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silly little book from the CAA
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 05:56
Spitoon

Sadly I haven't received one - I guess they're happy with my R/T. Is this the same thing as was put on the web site a few days ago as a CAP 413 supplement?

If so, it seems like they can't work out who it's for - the thing on the web says it's for pilots so why send it to controllers? If controllers have R/T problems write something for them. The really ironic thing is that the supplement seems to be being publicised to pilots through a FODCOM but maybe being sent individuaslly to controllers!

Even if it's not the same, the web thing is all very glossy, colourful and clever, but the people it's aimed at are grown-ups (and professionals). If I need some information then just give it to me - I suspect that many professional pilots will feel the same way! Fine dress it up a little so it's not completely boring to read but page-turning sounds....pleeeeze, it's for five-year olds!

And that's before I talk about how much it must all cost......and, ultimately, I can't help feeling that either money could be better spent or could be used to reduce charges in some way.