PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do pilots keep paying for Endorsements?
Old 22nd May 2007, 02:07
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
The point has already been made that airlines and the like charge for endorsements simply because they can. The argument that 'people will always pay for it therefore I might as well do it' is moronic and can be used to 'justify' just about any type of abhorrent behavior.

It doesn't take many standing together to create a positive trend for the rest. The very idea of paying to secure a job is viewed with both disbelief and an expression of horror by my peers and the concept would be met with revolt in other professions.

The current aviation climate is highly conducive to pilots simply saying 'no'. And its happening, right down to the light twin GA charter field. A glance at the plummeting minimums for regionals (250ME cmd anyone?) and talk at places like J* about scrapping the idea of self funded endorsements (since when has an A320/737 been a widebody anyway?) is proof that this is already taking place.

I personally will never pay 40 grand for the "privilege" of working for someone. The entire point of it last time I checked is they pay you. In my view only those with the foresight of a goldfish willingly fork out the money because as keg said, once you start paying, there will be no end to it as you've set the precedent

All that ^^ is my opinion only.

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 22nd May 2007 at 03:01.