PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Property v Flight Training (Calculated Risk?)
Old 22nd May 2007, 00:13
Right Touch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think your worrying a bit to much about the property market at this moment in time esp in South Wales which tends to lag behind the rest of the UK in terms of price rises (cardiff excepted) after all whats 2-3 years out of a lifetime.

If i was doing it all again i would get the PPL Groundschool out of the way this winter ( The club at Cardiff run Groundschool Courses, i take it your local ! ) Then go out to the US in the early spring to do the PPL , easily knocked off in 3 Weeks weather permitting.
Come back to the UK do a bit of flying in the summer , then following winter hourbuild in the US to your 100 hrs maybe combine an IMC with it.

Then do your ATPL Groundschool with BGS 6-9 months combined with a full time job ( Roughly how long i took)
The Hard bit will be the CPL/IR all depends how flexible your workplace/occupation is either way your looking at 2-3 yrs to complete it.
I bit the bullet with my IR and left the safety net of the 9-5 Job to do it.

Good Luck Whatever you choose

Ps would'nt be too bothered getting the 1500 hrs , perhaps money better spent on a Type rating these days.

Last edited by Right Touch; 22nd May 2007 at 00:32.