PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can afford it?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 08:59
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRT the last 2 posts above, why the hell do these men pick such useless girlfriends?

In this society, nobody is forced to shack up with a particular woman, and a sh*g is never worth long term unhappiness or hassle. Yet, men make this kind of stupid mistake over and over again, usually even marrying the woman

I think by the time they reach 40 they have learnt this, which is no doubt why the internet dating sites are packed with 40+ women - the sucker men get much scarcer. But it seems to me that nothing short of every mate of a man having been fleeced and.or being under some woman's thumb and getting a bollocking for staying out past 2230 is enough to drive it into a man's head that he needs to be a bit more fussy.

I fly with my girlfriend and we have wonderful flying holidays together. She has her own job and doesn't "live off me" and doesn't resent my hobbies.

If I had learnt to fly while I was still married, it would have been difficult because she would have resented my freedom (as many women do if they fall into the "housewife" role) and a comparable amount of money would have been spent on something for her to do, which would have doubled the cost.

So I can see that commencing flying within a marriage can be difficult. But to end up with a woman and then moan one can't fly is just not on