PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - help with jargon
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2007, 01:23
equinox_code

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thing is, when i was about 14, i had a careers interview, i said i wanted to be a pilot, they said "pick something realistic", and that only very wealthy people could become pilots. i looked into the matter a little, and it seemed true. i only discovered the CTC course about 6 months ago, so obviously i had to give it a go. i know i'd make a fantastic pilot too. my hand eye co-ordination andf spacial awareness are phenomenal. i've built this up through years of gaming tournaments (no.1 in the world at pro evo last year, no.1 in th uk at goldeneye a while back, and in the top 10 for pgr3).

like i say, i have no experience. no air cadets or anything. i will definitely have a flying lesson before my next phase, but again, not to prove to myself that it's something i want to do. i know how much i want to do it. it's something i could do well, and something i know i'd enjoy. i'm sure there's a reason that CTC don't ask that their applicants have any experience, and that's becuase they want the people mwith the raw ability, and i do believe i have that.

overall, i know it's something i really waqnt to do. i've set my mind on it, and i'll get there in the end. enveryone was inexperienced at some point. what are the possibilities for someone like me if i don't get accepted for the CTC course? it's hard making sense of this forum when you're not familiar with the lexis