PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, who was the muppet....?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 20:16
ATCO17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies to Kermit...and anyone else that may have been offended! The term Muppet was intended to be tongue in cheek!
Alan, as per the TOI, they then proceded to Rickmansworth for a flypast, however, at 1000ft rather than the published 1500 ft that we were briefed . The TOI then says ""the formation may climb, if required by the formation leader, remaining clear of controlled airspace" The restriction of remaining clear seems to have been placed on the formation by TC. That would still have kept them in bandit country.
The Reds nearly always transit at 2500 or below within the UK. And I further agree that it seems a daft altitude, especially at weekends when there is a lot more GA traffic about. The formation was talking to City Radar, Northolt and even Denham during the transit, all of whom were providing plenty of traffic information. But, depsite there being plent of 7000 squawks along the route outside the CTZ, none were heard on the RT.
I suppose, at the end of a long day, I'm just a little suprised that any GA pilots operating in the local area didn't call anyone for at least a FIS. We are all here to look out for each other and always more than willing to help.
Rant over!