PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE Suspend Another Captain
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 09:39
transilvana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manlisgak, you are completely right!!!!! post of the year? yep....

Anyhow, I tried NJE a couple of months ago but was rejected, Iīve reading NJE posts for a long time, since the beggining of the forum and found good and bad things about the company. Let me get the impression first:

NJE has a hughe problem with management, and I mean non pilot positions, probably their Director Plan is not well designed, there are many spots on it. They push pilot management too far away into the limits and thatīs not good. You are managing a company and you have to attach to certain rules impossed by the law (training, flight time.....) and let the pilot management positions do their jobs.

On the Pilot management positions get pilots with a good background on leading teams, not just because you were military or have 10.000 hours you are the best, probably a person with a good background on ground management or leading a supermarket with 500 people working on it and having a good university training on bussiness aviation, and leave that person do his job. Leading well a team is more important than fly an ILS by the book.

NJE is a big company now, there are and there will be pilot mistakes, ops mistakes and more, solve them in a straight manner, but do not push people, you will only get bad results and thatīs for sure, p.e: I can shoot a VFR app or stick to the full app always and F... the company so I spend more money on fuel and aircraft time.

Anyway, my impression is that when they were a new company mistakes were ok at the beggining, but everything in aviation has already been invented, so donīt try new things, just get the good ones that already work. Itīs a great company, just needs a little polishing...