PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silly little book from the CAA
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 00:39
TheGorrilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silly little book from the CAA

Today I arrived home from a trip to look on my doorstep at a CAA envelope. Heart stopped for a short while till I opened the wee parcel and revealed a little ring bound book on RT.

How to ask for start up clearance, push back, taxi...... I'm sorry numb nuts but this has clearly been delivered to the wrong house!

I've been asking for these clearances for many years now and through shear simplicity hardly ever accidentally ask for eggs over-easy and a well grilled steak by accident instead of clearance to start and push. I'm assuming most other pilots receive a similar level of basic training. So why am I parting with lots of money to renew my licence every five years to be sent a glossy little christmas card (bit early) reminding me how to speak. I would point out this was compiled by an office w&nker who uses a radio once a year to prove to himself that he can or order a taxi home when he's pissed.

Err.. What the heck is this all about?

Aviate, navigate and talk ****e to someone who is really gonna help you from 500 miles away when your cargo hold is on fire mid atlantic. 14 minutes till we burn to death. Excellent! I'll dig out that silly little book the CAA gave me on how to ask for a start up clearance.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by TheGorrilla; 20th May 2007 at 00:39.