PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2007, 12:20
Lex44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My two cents worth:

The file situation seems to have been exhausted. May I reccommend a rule to guide future PPRuNers who may be drawn to this thread to 'learn' from it.

1. A student's training file should be released to the student failure to which the student is obligated to contact SAHRC for its release. The first Act passes the P-test and if the second act is needed to enforce the first, the concerned has failed the P-test.

About the high standards for the sponsored students(Airline). I think separate set of instructors should be assigned to them. I hear there's a JAA programme at 43 and these students have their own set of instructors. I also hear the students of european descent have not suffered a wash out. Commendable but maybe the set of instructors is doing the trick.
For the Airline students to have similar instructors as others but be subjected to higher standards is a catch 22. Consider two students under the same instructor - one airline, the other private - who are obviously taught the same (I presume). If they go for a stage check do we need to apply higher standards for the Airline guy to pass him/her. It wont make sense since they share an instructor. There's my PPRuNe test number two:

2. Airline students under higher standards need higher standard instruction and if this can be secured through assignment of a set of dedicated instructors then be it. The P-test is passed if this is applied in totality.

More tests?

theBOSS - civil debate please. mQ might be the driver of your 'bird acquisition' for all you know. You wouldnt want to p**s of your P1 now would you?