PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why should we go to Swanwick?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 13:38
EGLL19791986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Some interesting replies and not all as hostile as I was first expecting. I think some of you have missed the point slightly. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't somebody court martialled a while back for refusing to go to Iraq?

To be fair I think I actually agree with the decision. If he did go it would be a fiasco, it would take half the existing British forces over there to look after him not to mention a victory for some of the more unsavoury elements in the country if something did happen.

However, I do think it calls into question the point about having royals in the armed forces in the first place. It's also a bit of an insult to the friends and families who have lost loved ones (and they didn't have a choice if they wanted to go or not). Would be interesting to hear what some of our military colleagues think.

I wonder if an ATCO would be happy having a 'Royal' colleague if they couldn't validate? (apart from 'Fergie' of course 'cos she's a bit hot!)

The bit about going to Swanwick was a bit tongue in cheek since I've alway accepted that I'm a mobile grade (doesn't mean I have to like it though!)