PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 12:54
oerlikon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
musaq (and mkenya for this paragraph). Both of you refer to the drop out rate of cadets during training. It would seem that you feel because you have already been pre-selected to attend the school you should automatically be passed. In every selection process throughout the world the premiss is that those who have been pre-selected are those most likely to succeed, not gauranteed to succeed. Is that clear? The drop-out rate is generally high at schools or training institutions where a high standard for the finished product is expected. Just remember, those who are paying for their own training do not have the same constraints placed upon them as a sponsored student. They have the luxury of taking as long as they like until their money runs out. You, however, have the luxury of not having to worry about finances, but your responsibility is to your sponsors. Sometimes this means putting personal feelings aside (and I will not say that's easy), and get on with the job in hand.

Your sponsor invests money in you and expects that that money will not be wasted. Once again: Have you approached your sponsors to investigate this matter? It would be remiss of them to turn a blind eye to your allegations and still send cadets to the school. I cannot believe they would continue in a business relationship with the school if they were unhappy.

Now, as for that file you mentioned? Is that the pilot training file that your instructor fills out after every lesson and that you are supposed to countersign? You should know full well what is written in that file. I imagine, that legally speaking, the sponsors are the owners of that file because they have paid for your training at the school. When you decided to continue training on your own did you not ask for a copy of that file so that the next flight school would know how far you had progressed?

It would have been very unreasonable of them not give you a copy of that file.