PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 11:38
Whoops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not threatening anyone; just pointing out to 185lbs what history has already taught us. I certainly was not 'cyber abusing'.

I have heard from at least two non-union members that they will 'throw a sickie' on strike days rather than join the union. I think the company will be wise to this and the company doctor will be on hand to check out all sickness claims.

So your choice is very clear:

1. Join the union, if only for the period of action, and strike legally with help and support from your colleagues and big Balpa.
2. Don't join and go sick. Expect an immediate appointment with the company doc.
3. Don't join and go to work and hold your head up high.

My view, and as this is a discussion forum I am entitled to give it, is that I believe number 1 is the best option. Membership, after tax relief, for someone earning £50,000 a year will be under £7 per month. If the dispute lasts till the end of September that will total less than £35.

I believe that option number two is the cowards way out. My view only.

Those, whose moral stance (as it surely can't be financial) is to take option 3, will need a strong backbone throughout, and after the strike. I trust this stance will continue after a deal is done when they will refuse any payrise earned by their brethren. Could I suggest that they contribute any pay increase over 4% to charity each month?