PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 10:20
10 DME ARC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have dep/arr NCL around 12 times in the last 14 months half the times we were bussed, did I once hear any one complain no... I have been bussed around all charter destinations on these trips and virtually every low cost destination (does the 200 yard walk at CIA count as on pier??). We were even bussed in AMS (like going back to the 90's!) made the connection interesting! Especially for our bags!!
Now I am not saying this is ideal but with an airport the size of NCL you have to balance cost of an extra pier, the area north of the existing terminal I have been told would be very expensive to develop due to the land falling away, against every thing else the airport needs, the new VCR has taken a lot of funds recently but it needed to be done on safety grounds as did all the repair work that went on last winter.
NCL is expanding 5.6M pax's last 12 months so bussing people is not making them go else where! The balance of scheduled full fare, low cost and charter has to be maintained for the choice of destinations for people to travel. This balance has to be made also with the funds available to spend they are not limitless!! So whilst a new pier would be ‘nice’ the time has to be right and the funds available. Ditto any new air bridges etc etc