PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2007, 14:10
mkenya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intro lecture at 43

I happened to have passed through 43 air school. and the only other time I felt that worthless was when I had just joined high school and was bullied alot.
In the introductory lecture we were told that 40% of us wouldn't make it through the training. Apparently the ground school would wash off most of us ( 26 successful applicants out of the 15,000 that applied.. all the applicants had a mean of B+ and above!!!!, the selection process consisted of an aptitude test administered by the airforce, and a psychometric test whereby the psycho motor skills of the applicants were compared to those of the best pilots!!!!)
Alas!!! We didn't have to wait till ground school by the time we got our PPLs most of us we down the drain, that is around 27% of us.... which one of the directors commented was a very good pass rate. the ones before us had a failure rate of more than 50%
Interestingly, in the ground school CAA comm exams our class recorded the highest pass rate ever! we had a mean of 93% for a class of more than 20. Of the whole group, only two dropped a paper each and all the papers were done in one sitting...
Afterwards, the comments were that kenyans can only pass exams, but not fly.

Last edited by mkenya; 27th Aug 2007 at 08:09.