PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2007, 11:44
Aquarius Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyJet

Guys

I really think its time to put this one to bed now. Aiming this level of criticism at one particular airline is non productive to say the least. Every airline without exception will experience technical problems that will cause long delays - its the nature of the beast. Remember, flight deck crews have families too - why would they risk putting their own lives at risk by flying an aircraft that is not fully serviciable. Mistakes happen, what is important is to treat those mistakes as learning curves and to put measures in place to prevent or keep similiar distruption to an absolute minimum.

I think we should focus on the positive things that are happening at NCL. Such as the new ATC Tower thats near completion and on target to be operational in September. The fact that our apron has never had so many nightstopping parked aircraft in its entire history. The fact that we're on target to having nearly 6 million passengers through our doors this year -giving credence to the knowledge that we are still the 9th busiest airport in the UK and potentially on course to being the 8th. The fact that we CAN attract airlines like Emirates.... knowing that we have other 'big named' airlines playing a watch and wait game before approaching us with another long haul route!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is lets all stand up, applaud and be proud of our achievments and look forward to whats in stall for NCL's future, rather than rip apart an airlines reputation like opportunist rooks pecking at road kill.

Last edited by Aquarius Lad; 16th May 2007 at 18:03.