PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 23:49
orangesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think things are getting out of focus here .... this is about the poor MON T&C's and whats NOT being done by management to redress this .... not who is in which union or which union (or not) represents value for money. if you want to have a debate about BALPA/IPA/ISA/BNP start another thread !

this is about unity between the pilot workforce, and about taking back some of the ground which has been lost over the years and i am sure everyone is behind the CC, whether or not they are a member of any union !

whats being lost here, and i'm sure management are chuckling their heads off, is that we are being treated like uneducated 'resources' who love bending over and 'taking one for the company' ... dont get me wrong, as long as i feel that i'm being properly remunerated, looked after and treated well i dont mind going the extra mile. however, when my take home pay is near the bottom of the league table, where even friends with other operators like Jet 2 or Astraeus are taking home more than me and where management are trying to further erode my quality of life .... i get a little pi$$ed off ... dare i say militant ???

i know how the negotiation process works, but i would like to see more pressure put on management to come up with a realistic package sooner rather than later. i'm sure they have done their home and have figured out how much a days strike would cost them in terms of revenue, poor publicity and humiliation .... they are not holding any aces .... and what we must remember is that we are not asking for anything over the top .... merely to pull ourselves up the ladder to somewhere near where we were a few years ago ..... before we started 'taking one for the company' .... and while we were pulling up our pants MYT, TFLY, FCA, TCX et al left us in the dust !