PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 13:08
noiseabatement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJE & tabloid sensationalism.

Great, a journalist....

I would suggest that tabloids/broadsheets print what they want - whether a shread of truth or not, then it's over to the High Court in London for a Judge to decide who is telling the truth.

This unfortunate FJE saga was an odds-on case for the tabloid chip wrappers to get their teeth stuck into something regarding Newcastle Airport, or one of the airlines who operate in/out.

Did the press report on anybody who was treated well in this incident - no, but I bet there was.

Unfortunately events like this will always quench the publics thirst for speculation, not helped by garbage printed in a local rag.

And (as nclpilot) I also operate out of Newcastle, so I am also concerned about this "smoking on the apron" report.

I doubt we will ever know what really happened. But I am sure all handling agents and crew did the best they could in what was surely a awkward situation. I would not like to be sitting in an aircraft on an apron for 6 hours, nobody would - but I cannot imagine that nobody was kept up to date?

Journo's hijack the first irrate looking passenger who will be only to pleased to descirbe the "inhumane treatment" of their lagered up family by the airline. I doubt the local rag got an "across the board" view of this situation.

Apologies for my rant, but it is always the same. Remember the Finnair 757 carrying out a go-around a few years ago when the Sabena RJ ran off the runway? That was reported by the local rag as "seconds from disaster as approaching aircraft narrowly misses stricken jet" - b*****ks, the Pilot of the Finnair 757 was told to initiate a missed approach procedure from..... 6 miles out - hardly a near miss.

Last edited by noiseabatement; 15th May 2007 at 13:24.