PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 11:49
tyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a journalist who covered the above story.

All I can say is that my organisation reported the facts as they were given to us.

A statement from the airline was broadcast. Shame there was no interview but a very efficent PR guy sorted us with info in double quick time

An interview with the airport was broadcast.

And passengers who wanted to tell us what happened to them were interviewed.

Nothing was made up.

The facts were a plane went tech, passengers said they were treated badly, the airport told us they were not happy and were looking into it and the airline provided us with a statement explaining what they thought had happened. That is what we reported. Everyone's side of the story covered.

Bad covereage? I don't think how it could have been much better.

As for cabin crew getting upset. First I have heard about this but it it happened why not report it?

As for radio stations running the story top. Again why not? We are in the business of reporting what is happening. It was either run that top or run a story about a business park - and possibly 4000 jobs coming to Sunderland. What do you think most people would have been talking about on the bus/in the pub etc that night?

And if there is some sort of health and safety issue regarding smoking....That is a story worth covering. Please PM me and I will check that out.

Regards

Dan