PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Hire Pilots (AWAs)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 06:05
CabAltHi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOG and Headmaster are spot-on. AWA's are between an individual and the company and because they are confidential there can be an infinite number of different terms and conditions from one pilot to the next that wont be available for viewing like an EBA. Taking away an EBA removes the bargaining power of a large group. Do you think the Qantas board would be doing this if it wasn't absolutely in THEIR interest. "Flexibility" is just the tip of the iceberg. The whole spin that it is better for the employees is just garbage.
The most interesting fact now is that it really is only a matter of discussion for any Pilot or Engineering body now. There is NOTHING that can be done legally to stop these AWA's being implemented. Qantas wants it to happen so it will and Jetstar wont be the only one affected. I have been told by several people that all new hires in Qantas when they recruit again will be offered AWA's. NJS have been on them for years haven't they?
I'm certainly not happy about it and if there is anyone out there who has a workable plan to unite ALL our groups and somehow preserve what little we have left rather than continually bagging each other then i'd love to hear it.