PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2007, 18:25
ftomcatf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCL1 you are right the press what can I say. The facts:

Aircraft went tech but nothing new there this is a daily occurance.
Pax were boarded and the crew did a head count. Servisair had the correct number of boarding cards and checked every thing over and over again. But the crew kept coming back with an incorrect head count.
This went on for some time and the crew were asked to do a mark off which they also cocked up.
The captain then decided that the only way forward was a baggage id. But by this time Servisair had all of their other aircraft on the ground (including the late Flyglobespan) in the tea time peak.
The baggage id then took place with no discrepencies.
Once the aircraft had been reloaded the captain then applied for a slot. Guess what the slot was for 2 hours later.
Then passenger became more restless and really gave the crew the opportunity to cancel the flight as several of them were causing the crew to become concerned I heard that the captain locked himself in the flight deck and would not come out I was also told that one male cabin crew member ran off the aircraft in tears and the capt wanted to off load 50 passengers for safety reasons.
I also understand that once the passengers had been allowed off the flight Servisair gave them vouchers to get some food and drink as they had been offered nothing onboard not even water and they were then transported to a near by hotel for the night.

Worthbearing in mind that this aircraft was also going to HER on route for fuel as the passengers were told it had a problem with its fuel system and would require more fuel to replace the fuel lost and to have some repairs done in greece (very strange).
It was then going to stop at SSH for the night and come back later today.