PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Hire Pilots (AWAs)
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 18:48
alidad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best performance indicator for aircrew is NO ACCIDENTS, which has been the case to date. How would management like us to improve productivity?

Lets see. I could fly below the minima and land in fog at Canberra. GA pilots have been getting away with it for years. Those pesty diversions do so interrupt the schedule. I could not write up unservicabilities in the maintenance release. Ignore that hydraulic valve that won't shut off; after all what are the chances of an engine fire that would require it shut, so it won't feed fuel to the fire? I could fly with a head cold- what is the probability of a cabin depressurisation that would TOTALLY DEBILITATE me on that one sector?
Bloggs, we note in your annual pay review that you diverted 3 times this past year, and grounded an aircraft twice by writing "things" in the maintenance release. Sorry no pay rise for you.

We are paid to manage the various risks that confront us each day at
work. We should not be pressured to TAKE RISKS that will lead to an incident or accident. The POOR standard of initial and recurrent training that is occurring in ALL jet operators in this country is appaulling and will result in one thing..........