PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Hire Pilots (AWAs)
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 12:43
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandy,

My (perhaps ours?) future is already starting to be eaten away beacause of past events. My point is the rot HAS to stop at some point or we are all left with nothing.

I'm not happy about J* and the current impications it has on my, and many others careers, but unless something can be done about true convergence (upwards, not downwards) then the only places left for a career, not just a stepping stone, will be Asia and the Middle East. It seems a bit of a shame to me for such a 'lucky country'.

I actually think that the J* pilot body will come to realise that they have traded long term satisfaction for instant gratification but I also know that if I had still been in GA and J* had offered me a position I'd have accepted it in a flash. There just seems to be such a vicious circle. You can't blame guys for trying to earn more money and get out of that fun but nevertheless ****hole (most of the time, despite the fun memories) called GA, but it's a case of out of the pan and into the fire.

The bitching, moaning, fighting and continual race to the bottom in search of fast commands, upgrades, window seats, turbine time etc etc etc has to stop and a genuine attempt (hopefully succesful) to let go of the past and work towards a profitable future must start.

Will it happen? In my lifetime I doubt it, which is a bit of a shame considering I'd like to think I have over 30 years of flying left in me but you never know.

Anyway, time for bed. Tomorrow is, after all another day.

Twin.