PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Hire Pilots (AWAs)
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 09:53
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Douglas,

I do believe an 'olive branch' was offered to the JPC by AIPA during the negotions for the conditions for J*international but even though this offer came FOC it was denied. By 'olive branch' I mean the realisation by our new CoM that we all sink or swim together.

I now sit back and can only think that the desire to stop the AWAs being introduced is showing your industrial muscle a wee bit too late. The effective time to draw a line in the sand for J* conditions, I believe, has been lost and given the conditions that were negotiated for J* international and how easily they were accepted by the pilot body means that management will continue to test the waters with J* to see just how low the conditions can be pushed.

My previous post was posted in a general mood of anger and frustration at watching my career evaporate because others were prepared to undercut my conditons to do the same type of job, not for another company, but for a rebranded cheap version of Qantas that had had the route structure handed to them from us. However, I genuinely believe that until we can come together as a the 'Group' that management advertises, neither group will prosper. I do however find is rather ironic that the J* body is now in fear of being undercut.

Twin.

PS - If you want to, feel free to PM me for an insight into our part of the Group as I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more of the J* side. It's got to start somewhere I suppose.