PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Virgin EBA
Thread: New Virgin EBA
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 06:10
The Professor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pondoklabu. I have not told virgin pilots that they “have it so good”, I am not telling them that they should “except”???? the offer. I do think that many posters here are using dubious data to make the inevitable but pointless comparison to operators in different markets with contracts driven by outdated market forces. That is all. Like everyone, I have chums in Virgin, Jetstar and Eastern and many of them are totally clueless about what lifestyle a certain salary buys you in a certain part of the world but they still bang their fist on the table and complain about how tough they have it. UK is not an easy place to live; Ryan and Easy have seen a lot of turnover as a result so looking to them for salvation may not be the answer. HKG is not an easy place to live, I have chums in KA that spit blood with hatred for the company and are constantly going sick to avoid work.

No, I am not keen to lower wages and conditions (wow, as if I have such a power) but in my many years in this game I have seen many employee groups chose a combative relationship with their employer armed with very inaccurate information about the market in which they work. I do not work for Virgin management and I am not part of the JPC. Would it make it easier for you if I were? Would it be relevant?

My motive on pprune is probably the same as yours, to simply chew the fat. I am not intruding into other peoples affairs and a point of view not connected to yours does not constitute a childish rant.

Contrails, what is “the going rate” and what data have you used to calculate it?