PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Virgin EBA
Thread: New Virgin EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2007, 11:42
Capt Basil Brush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Professor,

Its not 149 days off after 6 weeks leave is taken out, nobody said that - its your interpretation. A bit like your interpretation of the good deal (not) the JPC negotiated for their pilot group - and managed to sell it to them as well.

Its 11 days off in 7 roster periods, and 12 off in 6 roster periods. (28 day rosters). There will be Reserve as the no reserve thing is only a "best endeveour" type of commitment. 10 to 12 overnights will still be happening, only there is effectively another month of them! (13 roster periods, instead of 12).

Its no wonder T & C's in Aus are the way they are judging by some of the above posts. There is a pilot group trying to improve pay and conditions for all, closer to where they should be, only to be mocked by fellow pilots with comments like;

"My only question is, what sort of conditions are you expecting to get for operating an automated jet in the benign environment that is downunder?" or;

"Well, though being out of my league and all i have to agree with the Professor. What are you really expecting? Hey lets pay the Captains 500k give them 26 weeks annual leave a year and watch the demise of another airline. If the conditions are so crap put in your resignation. I hear Tiger are looking!!"

Its a sad state of affairs when you have pilots with this mentality roaming around. The Professor and Co. wake up you morons!!