PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar New Hire Pilots (AWAs)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 15:02
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
What's wrong with AWA's? Lol People are blinded by money and common sense has gone out the window, wow some people are better of with AWA's OF COURSE they are! There is a shortage of workers at the moment! The problem is not now, its when we face a recession and quite frankly you are STUFFED if you are in an AWA system when this happens. High unemployment means people will undercut YOUR AWA because they just want to put food on the table. I dont disagree that AWA's are a good thing personally for some people in some industries at the moment., goddamn it should be while Australia is riding the resources boom. Its not just the young ones these days, a damn lot of Australians are becoming the ME NOW , MONEY, generation, its a damn shame.

I would much rather be on a collective agrement on less pay, because in the long-term you will be better off. Awa's are the ultimate in divide and conquer and CEO's are grinning with pleasure, jsut look at them crowing on about the abolition of them haha, Its pretty damn obvious why, they have all the say and they dont want to lose it. Anyway Rant over, I don't have a problem with people that are on AWA's at all, my fear is the long term repurcussions that will affect fellow Australians working under them.

Anyway there is an easy way to banish them, just use your vote at this years election.

Rsull lol, exactly!