PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 10:37
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a sad day this has turned out to be.

Having spent just under a decade flying the 'spotty M', it was a major decision to pack up and head East. A tough decision at the time, especially when it involved emmigrating with the family. Four years down the sandy road and I now realise it was probably the best decision I could have made. My only regret is not having made it earlier! For me, the writing on the wall was the end of the FS pension scheme for new joiners and I saw that as the begining of the end.

I count myself fortunate to have flown with some of the most decent people in aviation. Good training, great flying, fab layovers, decent pay and above all, open and trusting relationship between Pilots and management. That is what made Monarch special and why it was a tough decision to leave. I imagine it's the very same reason that so many now feel bitter resentment towards the Company with its insulting and derisory pay offer. What a nice way to repay loyalty!

Whatever course of action that's taken by the Pilots now, is fundermental in shaping how managment will behave for the next 3-5 years and with the market conditions as they stand, never has there been a better chance to stand up and be heard.

I wish you all well.

Regards

Bymonek