PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Breath testing
Thread: Breath testing
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 06:17
apollo85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the big time!!

heres some food for thought!

my father is a qantas pilot, and he has told me of many occasion that he has flown with a captain who is totally off his chops!!!! now if he sais something and is wrong he loses his job, as there is a strictttttt policy of going against and reporting the capt., his thought is if anything goes wrong at least he knows he can be in complte control of the A/C.

now, i think they are tryig to spook all of us little GA pilots with it, but i havent heard of nayone happening to them yet......my guess is they may show up at the Birdsville races!!! god chance of that...

Anyway bakc to the point, if for example a Qantas 400 goes down and it is shown the capt. was drunik, let me tell you it would cost the economy a hell lot more than 9 million dollars. tourism would drop because people only fly q simply de to the safety record! not the prices!!!

im preety sur they will be 99% of the time be hitting those guys up and rightly so: they have 500 pax, and can wipe out a good block or 2 of people when they crash land!!!

anyway..ij off for a beer hehe