PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monthly ATCOs salaries in Europe
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 02:51
kiloquebec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay Vancouver ACC, Canada

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in Canadian pay, but here it is.

We have a 10 year pay scale, it takes 11 years to get to the top. Our pay is made up of salary plus an allowance depending on the specific ACC.

I'm in my fourth year, and make 95,000 CAD (85,500 US) plus a 15,000 CAD Allowance (13,500 US) for a total of 110,000 CAD (99,000 CAD). This does not include eveningshift allowance ($9 per shift)/night shift allowance($16 per shift), holiday pay or instructor pay ($8.50 per hour). Monthly gross of 9,166 CAD (8,250 US).

Taxes vary greatly across Canada, depending on the province of residence. Also deducted from our gross pay is 9.5% pension, employment insurance, medical insurance (very little), life insurance and union dues. My take home pay (before overtime) is about $6000 CAD (5,400 US) per month.

We have lots of overtime available, it is paid at double-pay of our base salary (doesn't include our unit allowance). It is about $100 CAD per hour extra.

We work at 36 hour week, 26 days that we can book off as holiday per year (this goes up after year 8 and 15 I believe) and 15 sick days per year.

If this looks attractive to anyone, Nav Canada is always hiring! They would prefer having more staff so they don't have to pay us overtime! Most centres are short-staffed, but here in Vancouver most of us don't actually work short staffed because there are enough people willing to work overtime to fill in the holes.