PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA currently recruiting Military pilots - until 31 May 2007
Old 10th May 2007, 14:45
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I chose to go with a job (eventually!) where command was NOT my priority. Been there, done that, fun while it lasted etc. But I WAS after some security, lifestyle, decent wages, reasonable routes etc. so the longhaul job I have is great. Yes, bugger all DEP longhaul jobs available in BA at the moment but shorthaul is still there. In fact, there are next to NO longhaul jobs available in the UK at the mo.

So, with just about all the avail UK jobs being shorthaul, I am willing to bet that the only one that DOESN'T have a bond of some sort is BA. That can't be bad folks? Not that I would advocate this sort of behaviour, but if you do your Airbus course, start flying, don't like it after a few months, you can walk away with your Airbus rating and don't owe anyone a penny. That has got to be a nice little 'insurance' clause surely? And you will likely work less hard than all those easyJet, BMI, Ryanair etc etc wallahs. So if all there is is shorthaul, BA has to be worth a serious look. Get yourself the 'backstop' of being in the pool with a job in your pocket, then, if you want, you can still trawl around for other jobs in your last 2 years in the RAF. Plenty of time to make your mind up.

"Come on down, the price is right!"