PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTOT -5+10 ownership
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2007, 14:18
Fokker-Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTOT -5+10 ownership

Hi!

I recently had a discussion with a friend of mine who is a controller at a norwegian airport. The question at hand was with regard to a situation about a conflict that had come up, when an aircraft with CTOT was denied push from gate because he would not make his CTOT. The Captain argued that he was pushing from gate within his -5+10 min of his CTOT and should therefore be given his clearance. The controller argued that even though he was within his CTOT at gate he would not, because of airport congestion, be able to TOF within his CTOT limitation. We of course both agreed that a discussion over the RF should not have occured, but the discussion turned more towards who ownes the -5+10 minutes around the CTOT. My opinion is that this time is owned by the crew since everybody who has ever flown comercially know that blocking off exactly according to schedule or CTOT is not easy. There are simply too many factors to consider (Ground handling, traffic coordination, ATC + + + ). My friend argued that the time limit is for ATC to control with regard to other trafic at the airport, since the crew does not have the big picture on this traffic. But where can I find official information about this ?

Does anybody have an opinion on this ?

Best regards FJ