PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salaries
Thread: Salaries
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2007, 20:31
The Barron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good positions

Hi Everybody

Having read this posting with some interest.I am a contract Pilot(30 on 30 off)There are few countries in the world that one can live in and enjoy what SARS has to offer us guys.Believe me I have lived and worked in a number of countries.
I startered like many of us from the bottom,scatching to make a living.Making every flying hr that you get count.My parents had no money so it was if you want it,you go out there and work for it.
To make contract flying work for you,one must be prepared for a roller coaster life style.When at work one is in control but when home family commitments are what counts and there is never enough time to fix all the problems before going back to work.
I left a big airline to come and do this as I wanted to live in SA.I fly a BBJ(fantastic plane).Money this is what drives many of us, the more money one earns the bigger the probs.Thus one must find that equal balance.
My Salary is US$14 000 a month.You do the math at 7 to 1 its a lot of money and I have never lost touch with when i first started how I struggled.If I can find this job many other people can and these positions do exist and from time to time people ask me if I know of someone they can hire and all these guys pay this kind of money.
So hang in there and keep applying