PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 19:23
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VF & difar69

You cannot possibly expect something as tragic as the loss of the Nimrod NOT to create a reaction like it has here. To suggest that we all sit back and do and say nothing is farcical. This is a rumour network. We all know that and we all understand that amongst those rumours will be a certain amount of comment that is factual and correct, and some will obviously be less factual.

TappersDad is not an aviator (at least I don't think he is anyway) and so we should allow him a 'margin of error' when he isn't as accurate about some things as many of us are. But come on guys, give him a break for Christ's sake. He is a grieving Father who simply wants answers to basic and simple questions about what went wrong on that fateful day. And something did go tragically wrong, whether we like that fact or not, something went wrong

We have no right to criticise him for his lust for the truth, just as we should NOT criticise this MP who is offering to help him and the other families. It would be easy to just tell the families to sit back quietly, in a corner and wait for the BoI. But I doubt if any of us would or could do that. We would be up there, shouting the odds and demanding answers now, not in another month or week, but now, today (right this minute if it were me I can assure you!)

So, lets all just cut TD a bit of slack and more importantly stop telling him what he should and shouldn't be doing. He can do whatever he wants to do, if he feels it is right and proper for him and his family to get answers and the truth, and none of us are in any position to object or argue with him over it.

Kind regards to all
TSM