PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skygods here to save us all
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 11:00
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Funny how we bag out the media on PPRUNE for taking comments out of context and not having the first clue of what is going on, but a report like this must simply be 100% accurate and in context. lol. You guys crack me up. Confirmation bias is alive and well I see.

You've seen a 'sound grab'. Who know's what context his comments were made in. I DO know that he's a PPRUNE reader and so no doubt will enjoy you clowns sounding off without the first clue as to what actually went down.

I haven't met a pilot yet from ANY company that didn't see themselves as the final guardian of flight standards. If an engineer is pushing you to take an aeroplane you don't like it's the pilots that stand up to it. If the management are pushing you to bust minimums to get the job done it's the pilots who tell them to get knotted. If schedulers are flying you illegally it's the pilots who tell them to shove the duty. Pilots ARE the final guardians in this industry. We are not the only ones because I consider LAMEs in the mix here too (although I've known them to BS me from time to time in order to take an aircraft that we felt wasn't up to the task) but in that context Mike's comments are entirely reasonable.

Further, management have continued to trade on QF's safety record (deserved or not) over the years. The public believes the perception (deserved or not) that QF IS the safest airline in the world. The rest of us know the truth but given that it's a public perception then I don't see the drama in reminding the public of the QF spin that they peddle. QF trade on them being safe and charge a premium for that perception. It's those exact punters that QF drivers need on their side.

More power to you Elwood. I'll back you- even if you can't sing to save yourself!

As for the rest of you clowns, you're hysterical. I just love watching people on pprune stick both feet in their mouths by the use of the keyboards. Keep at it lads because you're making a much more interesting statement about yourself then you are about Mike.