PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 18:26
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crewboi83 it is nice to see Jet2 concentrating efforts at making a damn good go at NCL, with revised frequencies and greater use of their own aircraft. I have to agree that I cannot see Jet2 leaving NCL any time soon, maybe exchanging summer routes for ski flights etc to maximise pax appeal and maximise profits etc, but that is probably about all.

Where the rumour for FJE operating Jet2 flights has come from is a funny one? A very unlikely pairing, but then again this industry can be surprising. Although both of Flyjets 757 a/c are being returned to the lessor for freighter conversion, I am led to believe that no firm decision on the future of Silverjets charter arm has been made, indeed newer aircraft are possible. The only downside is the cut back in work from the XL group, who FJE are heavily reliant upon at NCL and MAN. Its one for lets wait and see.............

Judging by the current delay record at GSM I fear that they maybe the wrong airline for NCL and a reliable YHM service, but its only 1 week of the season gone, things can change.