PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And so it begins!
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 07:26
hoss

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, things must be getting bad for QantasLink. To increase the 'pool of potential candidates' why dont they get rid of the HSC requirement, what does it prove, really? If the company did some research they would discover that their best performing pilots probably left school at fourteen!

As for the psychometric and skills test, lose it and double maybe triple the candidates immediately. I would love to expand but fear my words may result in the thread being closed. However, consider this. You pay a significant amount of money for your testing and therefore you own the results. Why cant you demand for the results to be given to you to check that an error has not been made and to self improve for future testing? This could be interesting from a legal/consumer perspective.

Lose the BYO DHC-8 stamp and things get even better but it looks like they will go for the 'risk assessed affordable safety' reduced experience option. I think the management are going to get very busy with ASIRs, SORs,FOQAs, FRs etc.

Bummer, the bloke in who handles a lot of this is off to KA.

ps. if you want to go to JQ it may be easier in another airline but if you have your eyes set on Hong Kong, apply here http://qantaslink.bfound.net/det-ent...&CoId=189&rq=1

Good luck