PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 20:08
yoda1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phase3

Hi,

I attended phase 3 of the TFLY on Sat and i thought that i would share my thoughts.

First things first make sure you have a good breakfast/lunch before you get going. I managed to have a greasy fry-up and was powered up. By the end of the day i was hungry..phew...

Pilapt

The first test was man with hands. Basically you get an audible alert and you have to identify which hand the square/circle is in. 2nd test, you are given a shape and you have to identify if that shape appears in the left rectangle, right rectangle or none.

3rd test, deviation indicator. Basically keep the moving crosshair centred. 4th test fly through boxes.

Interview

Questions like:

When did you know you want to be a pilot?
What do you do when you get stressed etc?

Written Tests

Numeracy, verbal reasoning, mathematical reasoning.

256/342 =
142/? = ?/23 ; what is ?
etc

You get a calc.

Personality profile

Man this is a total bitch. At the end of all the tests i was feeling quite tired and then i was presented with 170+ pf tests phew..

Thoughts:

The nice lady at the start of the day said that if you didn't do well on the tests then you should really reconsider being a pilot.....disagree, i know 5 people that were turned down for the SSFTE course now flying jets happily.

Were not saying that you cannot be a pilot if you fail the FTE tests but if you proceed you will probably end up taking longer in training and you prob will have to resit stuff...erm no! 5 people that i mentioned earier all first time pass mod students and their are numerous other examples on this forum.

A lengthy process.

Thomsonfly looks and sounds like an awesome company to work for.

Final thought : If you are going to phase 3 give it your best shot, if you succeed great if not better luck next time but do not give up if you are serious about joining the piloting fraternity.

Hope to c you all @ phase 4!

right met 215 erm