PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 18:49
crewboi83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kingdee... you have to remember one thing, 10 years ago with EZY and FR started flying (roughly) they used old aircraft, EZY has 737-300 (same as Jet2 used to SET UP the airline) and also Ryanair used 737-200.
Jet2 is only about 5yrs old now... maximum! so eventually yes brand new aircraft will be added. But for the mean time Jet2 still seems to get so many passengers, and I cant tell you how many compliments are recieved regarding cabin crew, service, time keeping etc etc
Something is obviously been done right, if Jet2 are on target to smash 4.4million pax this year.
Regarding Rumours....
AGP is staying! - no changes to times or operating aircraft
LGW is time chaging, 1 morning, 1 afternoon, 1 tea time
AMS is axed (low loads)
KRK is being upgraded to 757 but only on mon and fri now, sat service axed.
NCL will still see 5 based units, 3x 737 2x 757
More routes to be added for winter such as LPA.
As the summer season slowly kicks in passenger figures on board are steadily rising! altho some flights may only got with 140 pax on a 757 to AGP or PMI, its 140 pax that would have travelled with EASY last year prob, so I dont think they are doing anything bad here.
Flightline 146 is going back and being exchanged for a MD80 which will be BLK based anyway.
i wouldnt say AMS is bread and butter route, Id say MJV and ORK would be that! they are always busy flights! as is that BGO in the summer.