PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - c208
Thread: c208
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 15:40
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there is that aspect to being employed in the GA industry. some of us are lifers. Not that we couldn't make it to the airlines, but some of us have chosen not to go on to that part of aviation.
all this "not being recognized by the airlines" rubbish, is just that. rubbish. do they recognize 172, 206, 207, 210, Ect time in the big scheme of things?, or is it a general rounding of experience they look for?. Who cares if they recognize it or not?. its a far nicer machine to be floating around the Kimberly's in than a worn out 210, 206. gotta love the smooth engine, generally better avionics and air conditioning........... I know I did. Probably the safest I've ever felt flying in the dark around thundery's. certainly better than all of the 30+ year old buckets I've endured, singles and twins.
and as for survival of the fittest....... thats bunk as well. survival is just that, and if its a survival situation, your gunna do whatever it takes to come out on top. Its far to late to take the moral high ground. you take your 3500 hrs and no endorsement, and apply for a job with an operator that requires a van driver against a 1000hr endorsed driver, and I'll lay money on who gets the job. Believe me, I've seen it happen repeatedly.