PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2007, 12:54
NCL1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jet2 holidays

not sure about the rumours of jet2 leaving, however remember at other bases last winter they did reduce frequencies, could happen again this year! Cant really see them being as busy with the destinations they have at mo, in winter aswell! I heard flyjet where going to be operating some flights in the winter for Jet2 Holidays instead of with xl/freedom flight, and doing some of there longer flights e.g. to SSH, LPA, ACE, not sure whether this is true, but could see it happening if Jet2 are struggling, stress 'IF'.
I hope we do see a success from Jet2, however i do think it would be more beneficial to look at long-haul destinations from NCL, fair enough there are plenty of short - haul destinations which would benefit NCL and pax wishing to try something new. there are only so many malaga, alicante and palma flights needed out of NCL. Hopefully thomsonfly will take the lead and we will see more charters/ loco carriers offering something different to NCL rather than the same old same summer after summer!