PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No AOC for Skyairworld, delay for Solomon Airlines
Old 6th May 2007, 12:06
ringbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been onto the Embraer website to confirm what my understanding of the specifications for the Embraer 170 jet, it confirms my concern that the Solomons airline people are not fully aware as to the "suitability" of this aircraft and how it will "benefit" them. 'Fessing up, I travel there quite a bit and despite preferring not to travel on an Ozjet 732, at least it isn't 2 abreast seating and, from my perspective, claustophobic - and it appears from the 78 config I'd not be able to travel J-class in the style I'm accustomed to. My type who prefer business travel aren't getting a look-in, it seems!!!! Eight tonnes payoad, too, according to the E website - can't magine where any cargo that was put onto the Spanish 733 will go. How do I figure that - the website says 78 passengers at 100 kg each, that leaves 200 kg for freight!!!!! The airline must be planning on a significant number of services each week to cover the capacity shortfall otherwise. Bring back the 737 I say, it served those wanting to do business in the Solomons well. From my position I stand by my earlier remarks querying the soundness of this decision. But then, as a fare paying passenger, do airlines really care what I think??