PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 13:34
musaQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focus guys

SkyChick2,
My current school in SA is better, though it took me some months to comprehend what had happened and sort my finances before I went back to flying. I got my PPL and am hoping to get a CPL in future. It's obviously harder now that i have to cough up the dough but i think i'll manage in the end. Part of the difference is that the school treats me as a client and i feel appreciated plus i got more confident since am not subject to wild swings. They respect me as compared to 43 where I was just another Company statistic. The boys at 43 infact bragged of only being answerable to the company and believe me, you are at their mercy.

If I may describe my last flight at 43 :
... it was like being dragged on your feet, put on the pilot seat with a gun pointed to your head and told to fly with the big boy on the other seat ....

Because for them to send you back, they must show that it was in the opinion of the big guy that you cant fly so your last flight has to be with him. So the report is crafted with supporting figures - never mind that the flight file is conveniently put away.

So you get to fly terrified and on the debrief they can write anything, who cares it is their word against yours and in any case you are labeled problematic and so any denials later should be seen in that light.

So why fly in the first place on that state of mind? Do you have a choice, if you walk away you might as well kiss your sponsorship goodbye. If you'd been a private student you'd just take a walk, take your cash elsewhere - guess that's why private students have it easier comparatively. A Company sponsored chap is stuck with them so you cant just walk away. And since you've been singled out it is 'apparent that only you are having problems' - age old method of divide and conquer.

Guys focus. Two wrongs indeed do not make a right. If we have the chance to correct what's happening now we should. We owe it to the next musaQ to go to 43. I wish those who had come before me had told me this.