PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet
Thread: Silverjet
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 13:25
FlyingDr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverJet Interviews in May

Hey everyone - I have been reading comments on this site for the last few months regarding SilverJet and their start up and have been interested to see the balanced comments to which they are receiving.

I am posting now because I applied to SilverJet back in February, interested after reading comments here I felt that a new airline with a slick image was where I wanted to head to. I received an email today with one page of instructions and information asking me to go for interview on May 14th, which is only 10 days away, and didn't give any idea of the process or the format for the day. I have previously flown with Virgin for 2 years and found their recruitment process very considerate and prompt. SilverJet to me on this occassion have taken a bit of a liberty in delaying response for so long, and not giving adequate notice of interview and information for the day. Is this a company which can hold you over a barrell even before you are in the sky?!

I guess what I want to hear is a bit of back up for them, does anyone know people in the recruitment dept? Are they inexperienced and finding their feet, and should I not be making a fuss here and simply let it go without saying?! I would love to give them a shot, I'm young, free and single, and not a Dr unfortunately but its the only name left apparently on this forum! I want to know now how do the crew feel about their jobs and what they enjoy and hate about being SilverJet crew....

I guess we all take a bit of a chance with things like this but hopefully someone will be able to convince me to go to interview and see what the deal is.

Cheers in advance for helping if you can!