PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 08:22
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senor Torallin...one question, you were quite upset about the staff travel issue, right? That's all I was referring to, that policy is clear, and no secrets hiding somewhere in the small print. The rest you are free to be unhappy about. I understand, really, I do.
PQcv76... If I am a pompous outsider and know nothing about what happens at SIA Cargo, fine, you are entitled to your opinions...
Just so you know, not many airlines left out there give away anything for free. Staff travel collects their pound of flesh almost everywhere, we are "taxed" at many different levels, including paying fuel surcharges to travel with companies we work for. Tax free countries get their revenue by letting the economy run wild and inflation go unchecked (rents etc in the ME) and claim to be tax free. Countries that have taxation will sooner or later tax any benefit you might get from your company. Is it all so frikkin' surprising? Sorry...not any more. We are simply working for whoever pays us, not for the "best" or the "worst" airlines in the world anymore. We have to get used to it. If I can make my job pay more by working from within to ensure that my T&C's improve I will, and if that that improvement helps others...great! But there is no "I am better than you are" here, and guess what? I wear the same watch as you... go to work the same way as you, and most likely put my pants on the same way as you. So judge as you will, just know there are thousands of us out there and all we want is fair, and balanced lives, working and otherwise. Safe Journey's...
Lefty
BTW: Just where DO you think I work?

Last edited by Left Coaster; 4th May 2007 at 11:38. Reason: add on