PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2007, 06:37
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t think they should bin the thread, because believe it or not I think its actually quite healthy being able to talk about racism, like this maybe we can get our respective views across, just as long as it does not go too far then I am sure the moderator will bin the thread.
ugflyer, your quote
I do not even begin to understand how some of you are calling the current South African policies of affirmative action racist. It is simply beyond comprehension. I cannot help but wonder where you were when the blacks were being oppressed before. Were you condemning the actions back then as racist? I doubt you were.......the only thing you could have been doing was lining your pockets
I ask you to re-think this comment, it is a huge generalisation and runs along the same line of painting all black people as criminals, of course they are not, and neither are all the whiteys how you suggest above, perhaps you should read up a bit on the history of SA before you make comments like that, I see you come from the USA, heres a suggestion, go and solve your own race problems first before you come shouting here about something you seem to know little about. And when you are finished fixing your own race problems then maybe you can look at your own countries foreign policy and the systematic destruction of whole countries to suit yourselves.
Now whether you like it or not Racism is defined as it is, and as the definition stands the SA government is actively practicing racism, the same stuff is happening in SA now as it was in the old days, except that now its the other way around and people like yourself are standing up and clapping your hands and saying its justified.....well are you not just like the so called whites you accuse of being complicit in apartheid?
Yes and we have heard it all before, the horrid colonialists came an colonised Africa, put the people into slavery, raped the continent of its natural resources, its true they did, this has been happening across the planet ever since man stepped on 2 feet, the Romans did the same with Europe, the Mongols with Asia. After WW2 every city in Germany was virtually wiped off the map, Japan was Nuked twice.........what do all these countries have in common, they came back and thrived, Germany and Japan took 40 years to become some of the strongest economies in the world. Now you please explain to me why Africa is unable to do the same, Africa has been ruling itself for a long time now, and all we have is death destruction, poverty, crime, greed..........we could try to find out why and solve the problem or we could just shout Racism and blame someone else

Last edited by fluffyfan; 5th May 2007 at 12:51.