PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving CX.
Thread: Leaving CX.
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:10
Busdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll start this with the old, "..watching for a while, new to post" quote. H23: you've made your point. I understand you don't like it here and therefore you're leaving. That's fine. Please do so, it's your right. You are going on a bit though. BusyB: I've read a lot of your posts. You are way above getting dragged into a scrap with H23. Remember in the battle of wits, he appears unarmed and quite emotional. It's not fair of you two to engage.
I've been here 10 years plus. I consider myself easy going and I really can't imagine I've upset any of my crew. As far as I'm concerned, all we're trying to do is take an airplane from A to B, safely and have a good time in the process. In my previous life that phase was called domestics. The meat was using the airplane to do a job (air to air etc).
However, I'm no happy camper either. I'm a bit entrenched with family commitments and am not as flexible as most. I've also not made a war chest of money in my time, so a move is not an easy decision. But, I find for the first time that I've started cruising other airline websites for employment information. I've let my previous licences expire so I hold only a HKATPL. I guess my question is: can I apply directly to carriers such as Korean/JAL etc without having to go through brokers (they appear to want a huge commission)? Are there any other airlines or Netjet equivalents who want a 40 year old, 12000 hour Skipper with Airbus, Classic, Herc and fighter time.
I feel this company isn't up to par with most any more and they won't change until a few us start to leave. Of course it would be nice if others did the leaving so that I can reap the benefit, but I think I'm due a change anyway. Sorry for the drivel; I'm sure I'll get the hang of posting. Just voicing my dissatisfaction without the whinging.
Ta!