PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:17
Lex44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Go MusaQ ....

Had to contribute to this. I finished from the school too a year back privately. I may not go as far as using the race card, maybe musaQ has genuine isuues to pick.
Come to think of it, some of the things I remember at the time of leaving was:

FACT1: There were no black Instructors.Nope. None - Maybe things have changed since then but makes you wonder what Africa that was. Hard reconciling that with flying. Gives Instructors reasons to chide the black folks that maybe they werent meant to be pilots...... instead of maybe questioning their competence to instruct.
The most a black was, was a mechanic or cleaning lady. They always seemed to do what the white man didnt want to do. Never saw a black supervisor. So much for a racial Policy - IN AFRICA OF ALL PLACES.

FACT2: Never saw a white chap being washed out - makes you wonder whether flying does not transcend race. At least one white chap for the multitude of blacks washed out. Again that was then maybe things have changed.

I got to finish bt the school was particularly strict with KAirwys and SAA guys. I pitied them since i know KAirwys guys passed lots of interviews to get there and they seemed to never get away with anything I could get away with. (funny i had failed one of their interviews). I think the school HAD to wash out someone as a policy and the unlucky chaps always got it. I think they went through what a private student wouldnt, I would just pack my money and go.

Sorry guys but I thought I had to chip in. On merit the school is OK - keeps you on your toes, the Navs used to rock. Some Instructors were super cool and just great.

musaQ, I hope you get to get your licence someway. Maybe then the chaps at 43 will see their folly.

Other Chaps, dont waste a good forum by polluting it - do you feel hurt by the allegations or covering up for what you know.... The whole world is going to it too