PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:38
Foo-Fighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheesh!

What a tank slapper this is turning out to be.

I cant say i've ever met someone from 43 who wasnt just that little bit TOO full of themselves for my personal comfort, but also have never heard anyone say anything about rasism either.

Why would a school (in africa) that gets contracts to train cadets for airlines (in africa) allow even the hint of racial discrimination to pop up? It simply doesnt make sense...but then again, neither did apartheid, and that happened...

I think 43 is in a very complex situation (the unofficial reason SAA took their first cadets off to Australia). You train people from all races and backgrounds...most of them there (unfortunately) on the basis of "its a cool job and you make lots of cash" (and not because its in the blood). Now, should a black candidate fail, the avenue of crying rasist (considdering South Africa's past) is the most comfortable to pursue. Who of us LIKES admitting we cant do something? Any takers? I doubt it.

Face it...there are infinite scenarios here, and i certainly would be more worried about pilots walking out of a school with commercial licenses who dont know how to make contact with a ground controller...than whether or not claims of rasism is calls for a crisis.